Another guest blogger to help with your party planning needs! Today we have Alex from Silver Spoon, a posh NYC party planning company that specializes in fresh, fun, and fancy children's birthday parties.
Silver Spoon’s 5 Sterling Party Planning Tips
1) Plan ahead: It is polite to send out invitations at least a month in advance, because it gives your guests ample time to make arrangements to attend your event. It also gives you more options to secure your venue, activity, or child’s favorite character for an appearance. Entertainers book up quickly for weekend parties as do your child’s playmates. Keep in mind there are usually about 30 kids in your child’s class, so talking to parents and staying abreast of other birthday parties is a smart idea.
2) Indulge you child’s imagination and let him be involved in the theme planning. There is nothing better than seeing your child’s face light up and truly enjoy his special Incredible Hulk-themed birthday party. That’s not to say that a surprise aspect is not always appreciated such as a fun cake or mystery guest. (hint, hint)
3) Guest List: It’s important to have a precise list of guests you would like to invite to your party and leave plenty of room for plus ones and accompanying parents. It is also a good idea to have a “grown ups area” with finger food and light cocktails so parents can mingle while the party goes on.
4) Budget: You don’t have to dig into your child’s piggy bank to pay for her party. Venues and all-inclusive packages can be pricey, so if you have the space, why not plan to have your fete at home! There are many inventive ways to create themed parties with inexpensive activities and games.
5) Extra Eyes: It's often a good idea to have extra help on the day of your party. Whether it’s your babysitter or favorite cousin, having extra hands in the kitchen and eyes on the kids is a very good idea especially for toddlers and tweens. There are also professional event sitters available for hire.
Need help planning your child's party? Email Silver Spoon NYC at alex[AT]silverspoonnyc.com (replace AT with @) with "SilverSummer" in the subject line to receive a special 10% off your next event! Offer good through 9/30/08.